My First CES Experience: 2010

I had been warned. It would be the busiest and largest tradeshow I was to ever attend. Even in these uncertain economic times, CES will be the biggest show on earth! They were right!

I had planned for weeks to visit certain exhibitors, but that went out the window. Had I gone representing only myself I guess my schedule would have been my own. That was not the case, however.

Still, watching human nature in action has always facinated me and this was one huge petrie dish! Taser, for example, requested volunteers to come forward to test their product. Yes, THAT Taser! For a company ball cap one submitted themselves to a 50,000 volt charge followed by a face plant into the carpet. Sure, two guys held the victims, I mean, volunteers, whilst they were zapped, but they still ended up on the floor.

Some stars, bright and not-so-bright, also made appearances. Punky Brewster, Drew Carey, some former NBA player I never heard of, and so on...
Don't get me wrong. These people help promote the show and the products within. I just wasn't sure where Punky Brewster fit in.

I was fortunate enough to have access to the media room. Regretfully, I did not meet one superstar journalist or reporter. Lots of bloggers though. Still, the lunches were delicious!

Many attendees focus on the Central Hall where the million dollar displays garner most of the attention. I was to visit every nook and cranny, as per my employer's request. That was about 600 gibillion square feet of territory! Displays of every size, shape, and importance. Lost 20 pounds in the process.

Would I go, again, next year? More than likely.
However, I will start to train a couple of months in advance!

Comments

Popular Posts