Leadership in Life: What Will Be Said About You When It's Over?

I just finished reading "The Little Book of Leadership" by Jeffrey Gitomer. Very thought provoking, like many of his books. When I hit the chapter on Legacy, it got me really thinking. What do I want to have as an epitaph? What will me headstone say about me?

"Well...he tried!" or "Gosh, almost but not quite!" or "He could've done better!" NO! I want to be remembered for successfully completing my mission statement, Do the right thing all the time.

I enjoy, and take great satisfaction, in helping others succeed. To accomplish that I must try do the right thing all the time. That means following my heart and my gut. How will I do that?
  • By remaining a student of life. Personal and business.
  • By constantly reading and writing.
  • By listening and accepting feedback.
  • By acting on that feedback.
  • By being honest with others, as well as, myself.
I want my headstone to read "He always tried to do the right thing!"

Now, I have to make that happen! What will your headstone say about you?

Comments

R lamb said…
Excellent ! If more people thought this way the world would be a better place!!

Popular Posts