Lunch and Learn... a Great Opportunity!

I had the good fortune of conducting a Lunch and Learn at the office of a local Property Management company. My expectation was to discuss the energy saving products Building Technologies Inc. offers to residential property managers operating multi-unit residential buildings (MURBs). I wanted to get to know this group better, so I asked open ended questions about their challenges and concerns.

They were very attentive on the energy saving discussion, but their hot button turned out to be security for property and tenants. I then focussed on our security and access products. The energy level in the room rose! Everyone had a story to tell. The meeting went very well!

The bottom line here is that I listened to the Property Managers and set my objectives aside. Had I been only prepared to discuss one topic while another was their greatest concern, it would have been a very unimpressive showing on my part. Listen to your customer/client! They will tell you what they need, if given the opportunity.

Don O'Connor - millenniumstrategy@yahoo.com

Comments

Popular Posts